Color Swatches

Using InDesign to create color swatches is an easy and helpful tool. Choosing a palette that works well together and also creates contrast is important in creating an aesthetically pleasing array of colors. This can help when creating things such as brochures, when you want to have an interesting color scheme. 


Colors on a Rainy Day 

For my subject, I chose the sleeve of an umbrella that I had in my room. I thought this would be a good subject since it contains many bright and unique colors. 

 

Swatches 

Although there are quite a few different colors, I decided to focus on the pink, blue, and yellow tones in this umbrella sleeve. I used the eyedropper tool to select the colors directly from the photograph, and then I changed the tints to have 100%, 75%, and 50% of each hue. 
 

Name Plates 

For the name plates, I created three rectangles and filled them with three different hues. I made sure to use text that would create contrast against the background in order to be read easily. My favorite is the last one because the contrast between the background and the text is the best and the font is also the most unique. My least favorite is the first one because although the headline has good contrast, my name is a bit hard to read. 







Comments