"Tangled" Up in Distractions

"Tangled" Up in Distractions  

We've all been there before. You go on a nice vacation, take tons of pictures expecting them to be fantastic, only to have them ruined by other tourists. Traveling somewhere and getting people in your shots is almost inevitable, but with some simple techniques you can enhance your photos and get rid of those pesky photobombers. 

Original Photo 
The photo I decided to edit was taken in front of the Tangled theme restrooms in Disney World...yes, I said restrooms. However, this is Disney, so of course they are over the top and turn ordinary bathrooms into a picturesque location. Disney World is a very crowded place with millions of guests attending every year, therefore there are almost always unwanted people in your photos. Clearly there are many people in my photo that I took, therefore it needs to be cropped. It also is not very vibrant, so I want to make the colors pop more. 



Final Photo 
Like I mentioned before, I needed to crop and make the photo more vibrant. First, I cropped out the people in my photo in order to better focus on the building and the string of lanterns. Then I added a levels layer, shifting the black and white in towards the gray a slight amount. The next thing I did was add a red photo filter, but I only added it to the building and removed the filter from the sky. I then added a cooling filter only to the sky to make it a brighter blue. The last step I did was adjust the brightness and contrast, to make everything more vivid. I really love how the final product turned out! 











Comments