A Look Into My Life
Hi everyone! My name is Alyssa Masterhouse (I know, pretty cool last name right? I get compliments on it all the time). I am a freshman and I am from the small town of Fallston, Maryland. Most people have no idea where that is, even people from Maryland, so I usually just say I live about thirty minutes north of Baltimore. I have lived in Maryland my entire life, so coming to North Carolina has definitely been quite the change but I have loved every minute of it and I look forward to the rest of my time here at High Point!
My Future
I am a communications major with a journalism sequence. I may change my sequence to electronic media production but I haven't quite decided yet. Ever since I was little, I always used to tell my parents I wanted to be an actress. Although I don't want to be an actress anymore, I know that I want to work in the television industry in some way. Right now I would like to be a news anchor or do advertising, specifically tv commercials. I plan to explore different areas and decide exactly what I want to do but I know for sure that I would love to work in the television industry since it has always intrigued me.
Three years ago, my family hosted a foreign exchange student from Spain. Someone who was once a stranger has now become my second sister- it truly was an incredible experience. Hosting an exchange student has encouraged me to study abroad because I want to see more of the world and experience another culture. I am planning on studying abroad in Australia next year, since I visited almost ten years ago and fell in love with it. Although I have already been, I would love to have the opportunity to gain a new perspective by living there and to see more of this amazing country that I did not see before!
More About Me
Like many other people who said in their blogs, I am obsessed with Disney- I could literally talk all day about it. Disney World is my absolute favorite place and I am actually going in March during our spring break- I couldn't be more excited! I love watching tv as well and have many favorite shows such as: The Office, Friends, That 70s Show, Riverdale, Criminal Minds, Gossip Girl, and Impractical Jokers. I am also obsessed with dogs, especially my dog, Wally. The best part about coming home from school is seeing him again-there really is nothing better than how excited your dog is when greeting you. One more very important fact about me is that I am an avid napper. No matter how much sleep I get at night, you will always catch me taking a nap in the afternoon- I look forward to that part of the day as soon as I wake up in the morning.
I hope this gave you some insight into who I am and I look forward to learning more about all of you throughout this course!
-Alyssa
I hope this gave you some insight into who I am and I look forward to learning more about all of you throughout this course!
-Alyssa
Comments
Post a Comment